Very few people are as confident in their abilities as they should be, and because of this, the need to build self confidence exists with each of us. The need to build self-confidence cannot be minimized for it is the cement that binds each of us as an individual person. If we do not have self confidence, we cannot believe enough in ourselves to attempt even the most menial task.In developing self confidence, a person needs to identify those skills with which he is proficient or better in order to build upon those skills. The importance of developing self-confidence through skills in which you are already proficient is prevent the potential frustration that accompanies learning or becoming proficient in a skill in which you are weak. Doing that would create the potential for decreased self confidence if you should choose a skill in which you do not possess the ability to learn the skill quickly and proficiently. To be successful in your quest to build self confidence, you need to choose something that will do that and save the other skills for later.Developing self confidence is not an overnight process, but it is without a doubt one that is important to your well-being. Without self confidence, you will have difficulties in school, work, and life as an entirety. The analogy to this most of us learned is that if you don’t have confidence in yourself, no one else will. For example, if you are applying for a job, and the recruiter asks you why they should hire you above anyone else, you need confidence in yourself to answer that with pride and dignity.None of us is proficient in every aspect or life, business or school, but we build on those in which we have the most proficiency. So what if you can’t do calculus – maybe you are excellent in statistical mathematics. You want to begin developing self confidence in that skill by recognizing that you have the knowledge and expertise that it takes to learn it completely and apply it to your schoolwork or job schedule. Stop looking at the skills in which you lack proficiency and build on those you do well, and you will soon have the self confidence you need in order to succeed in life and career.
Below are some higly effective tips which are mainly responsible for the amount of self confidence in a person J
1. Write down a list of your loves. Give yourself five minutes to write down all of your passions about all aspects of your life (i.e. leisure activities, work, family, finances spiritual). Once you have identified them, ask yourself how many you currently doing. If you are not following these passions, ask yourself why not?
2. Write down all of your dreams, goals and aspirations. Number them in order of importance from 1 to 5. If many are of equal importance, then give them the same number. These numbers indicate the most important things in your life.
3. Question yourself about what you want to be, do and have in life. If you have a clear vision of what you want to be, do and have, then you will gravitate towards them and attract these things in life. If you do not know where you are going in life, then how will you know when you get there?
4. Identify your fears and what scares you in life. Do one thing everyday to push through your fears. For example, if you have a fear of public speaking, make a point of talking to small or large groups weekly.
5. Practice using positive affirmations. First identify any self-limiting beliefs. For example, “I get nervous and I am self conscious when I speak in front of people.” Then reverse the negative belief into a positive affirmation. For example, “I get excited and I am confident when I speak in front of people.” Repeat these affirmations daily.
6. Identify 3 instances in your life when you have felt absolutely confident and motivated. Once you have imagined them, think of a word, symbol or color that you can associate with the experience. Repeat this process 5 times and engage all your sense memory to make it as real as possible. You will have a feeling of confidence and motivation anytime you think of that word, symbol or color.
7. Get involved in an exercise program as well as eating healthy foods. Both these practices contribute to you looking and feeling better.
8. Make a list of positive adjectives, such as Fantastic, Superb, Spectacular and Magical. Come up with as many as you can and pick a “word of the week.” Get in the habit of using that particular word as many times throughout the week as possible.
9. Take time to meditate or take personal time to relax. This aids you in clearing any fears, doubts and worries about your life.
10. Keep a daily journal and write down any events and experiences that are important to you. Also, write down any important ideas that you learn throughout the day. Reflecting upon this journal helps you create awareness of who you are and where you want to go.